GAAAAAA!!!! It’s that time again already. Time for brain cupcakes and chopped appendage cookies.
Yeah, you could make those cute little bat cupcakes or whatever. Or you could show a little imagination and try some of the stuff below.
1. Bats and Bones: Bakerella has everything you’d ever want to know about the perfect Halloween sprinkles. Because you can tart anything up with a good sprinkle.
2. Bloody Baked Rats – Get some actual food in them before sending them out for Tricks ‘n Treats. Show me a 7-year-old boy who won’t eat this…link courtesy of Allrecipies.
3. Witches’ digits: Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious knows how to please. And these are just deliciously gross.
4. Brain cupcakes: A few years ago I got ambitious and tried my hand at these red-velvet cupcakes topped with gray matter. The results were gruesome…but still yummy.
5. Sugar Skulls – for Dia de los muertos – you could buy them, sure. Or you could try to make your own…If you’re crafty enough you could probably pull it off. Give it a shot and send me pictures. I buy mine from Olvera Street, thanks.